Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Hello everyone!

I had a very good week this week! Being on bikes a lot more has really been hard because it is so hot out here, but that's what missionary work is about right? I was very happy yesterday as I finished the Book of Mormon! As a missionary I have been able to focus a lot more on the little things in the BoM. There are so many examples for missionary work in the BoM. One of the missionaries I look up to a lot is Abinadi. He was a spiritual giant! I will always remember his story because of the way he stood up to them when they told him he was going to die if he did not deny the word of God.

Simi was baptized on Saturday so that was really cool. It was one of those moments I will never forget because of how spiritual it was. Elder Lamm and I were able to be witnesses for the ordinance and then we were able to be in the confirmation circle. Simione Sr. gave a wonderful blessing and you could really tell he cared about his son. Something I really like about President Palmer is he does his best to come to every convert baptism. Him being there really brought the spirit. This shows people that the church really cares about their converts.

I went on exchanges with our zone leader earlier this week so I was not able to see Brett and Alejandra. I am going to talk about my experience from the exchange though. The Elder I was with is named Elder Jeong. He is from Bountiful, UT. He is a very good, obedient Elder. So I really enjoyed my exchange with him. I was able to see some things that I can implement into the Weston Ward. I counseled with Elder Lamm and we were able to change some things organization wise that I think can really help our area. I was able to meet some weird people from Stockton while I was on this exchange. I was also able to eat at this Hawaiian BBQ place. Wow it was so good. If you ever can try chicken katsu, try it you won't regret it.

Vierra is doing really well. She needs your prayers though. She does not understand the importance of going to church. So we are really trying to emphasize that to her. Every time we are over there she gives us so much food and good candy. She is the nicest lady.

My spiritual thought this week is my favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon. It is on my plaque and it really has had an impact on my life forever. It is 2 Nephi 4:35. Background of this scripture: Nephi is telling God that he is sorry for his wrong doings. He then goes on to pledge his life to the work. In the verse I chose he tells God he will forever lift his voice to God's. I invite you to read 2 Nephi 4 and apply it to your life. We all sin, even Nephi the man that is a hero in so many eyes of the Church. I love this whole chapter though.

If you are struggling...keep fighting. God loves you and he knows your efforts in keeping his commandments. I love this gospel and I am so glad I am able to serve in this capacity. I love being a missionary.

I love my family! I will miss all the candy for General Conference! 

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden


This is Simi Jr. and Simi Sr.

Simi plays football and is really shy. We had a really good time at his baptism and felt the spirit so strongly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment