Monday, September 19, 2016

Family and friends,

I finally feel like I am getting with the program out here in California. As a missionaries we often get stressed out because we feel like we are not doing enough. I have fell victim to this discouragement we bring upon ourselves, but as I thought about it this week it got better. I thought to myself, if we are honestly doing our best the rest will fall into place. Also just a side note, I miss my family so so much. They have helped me through my life the whole way, it is weird not having anyone to bug 24/7. haha  If I did that to my companion, there would be a lot of issues. So, when I get home watch out... 2 years of built up energy is coming right at ya.

I got the package you sent me Mom! It really was a lift to my spirit, but I feel like I am getting too many lifts in my lbs. hahah. 30 minutes is not long enough workouts for the amount of junk food we get here. When I left on the mission I was 170 pounds... 3 months later I am 190. I might regret putting this in my report for everyone to see, but I just want you to know how missionaries feel. Because we cannot do anything about it! haha. We can work out and work out, but the members are always giving us food and it is too hard to say no;).

Simi's baptism is this Saturday! We are so excited for him and his decision. His Mom is so happy for him and got all of the plans submitted to us yesterday. His Dad will be baptizing him while Elder Lamm and I are being witnesses. He will then be confirmed as a member of the Church and will receive the Gift of The Holy Ghost. I am so happy for him. As much as we are told no and as much as people flip us off and yell at us; it is so worth seeing someone make the choice to be baptized.

Elder Lamm and I have really been focusing on Vierra Turner. We extended a baptismal date to her and she is thinking about it right now. We set it at October 15. You know what that means!! Please send prayers her way. She is such a good lady. To tell you a little bit about her, she is from Germany. When she was growing up she had to go through the WWII bombings and everything like that. So her childhood had some really scary times. We really want her to be baptized because as missionaries we can see her potential and she has a lot of it! 

Brett and Alejandra are doing great! Whenever we go over there she gives us either these little jello packet things or these juice boxes haha. And then she sends a picture to Mom and tells her I am getting fat. She and Brett are my favorite haha. They both love Star Wars so I have a blast when I am there. They were not able to attend church yesterday because they had a friend get in a car crash. They are coming next week though. We really hope they get married soon. Alejandra wants Brett to ask her to marry him, but it is so so complicated. We are excited to see what happens. I absolutely love this family!

This week Elder Lamm and I got to get some service in at a house a former investigator is fixing up. It was so so fun. We got to sand cabinets and (dad will really like this one) prune his yard hahah. We hauled a lot of wood off. But we got to use a saws all. This house was so cool. It was pretty dang big and it had a little community pond in their backyard. I loved the house. But once again, I will say that California is not a place I will ever live in.

We have been getting so many referrals, but one that sticks out to me the most is this guy named Abraham that we saw yesterday. He has been prepared to receive the message. We are teaching him tomorrow and hope that it goes really good. We talked to him for like thirty minutes about some of our beliefs and doctrines. 

Spiritual experience for this week is not a scripture, but just a thought. As I have progressed in my mission some of the things that President Palmer has set in place here is really making sense to me. One of the things we really focus on here is preaching by the way. This is something I now think is really cool. We are on our bikes all day. All day. We do not have a lot of miles on our car. But I like it now. Elder Lamm and I got in trouble because we went over on miles. (not my fault) lol. Elder Lamm thought we had 1250 miles, but we only had 700. So now we are on our bikes a lot more. It has really been a testimony builder for me because we have been preaching by the way a lot more. What this entails is talking to everyone we see while we are on our bicycles. It is hard, but worth it. I literally hit my pillow at night and pass out. It is so nice. As I keep moving forward preaching by the way the Lord is putting me and my companion in places where we are supposed to be. I have a testimony that missionaries really are set apart as ministers of the gospel. I am so thankful to be out here.

I love my family and miss them everyday.


-- 
Love,
Elder Willden


In front of the delta in Downtown Stockton.

Sanding cabinets at a service project.

Elder Lamm took this one haha.

I don't know.


We had bane masks for the sawdust and fungis that were in the air.


The next few are for DAD;)





I don't know.  Just my feet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment