Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Family and Friends,

This week was AWESOME. I started off with a nice bicycle accident... I am still sensitive about this subject because I had a streak of no wrecks until last Monday night. So the story: We were riding to an appointment and I am just cruising on my bike...no hands...ridin' durty. Then all the sudden I heard a huge pop and my bike seat slid back. And as you can guess I started sliding back too. We were cruising at about 12-15 MPH and I did a back-bend onto my back tire and my helmet saved my head. So that's good. But, the good thing about this is that we got a potential investigator out of it. So after I crashed and was lying on the asphalt this guy came running out and helped me up and everything. Before I go on I am going to confess a sin real quick... So after I fell I let the S word slide right out and it was loud. First swear word as a missionary. I felt bad. Well right after I said it this guy comes running out and he was like... "HOLY SHI*" hahahah. I was so embarrassed and I did not want him to know I was a missionary because I swore. I felt terrible. But he jimmy rigged my bike until I could get it to the shop. So yeah... That is that.

So we had the second and last new missionary/trainer meeting on Tuesday. I absolutely loved it. There is a quote that I want to share from President Palmer. It goes, "The ironic thing about humility is that when you start to think you have it, you don't." Apparently there is a lot of new missionaries that are/were prideful. And some of the trainers I guess (probably for me). I have grown so much from this experience of training a new missionary. I cannot believe the Lord or my Mission President trusted me to do it, but it's been great!

Andi will be getting baptized on May 6th! We are so pumped for her. Our ward mission leader will be  baptizing her and she has asked that I confirm her. I have been blessed to be apart of her conversion. It is honestly such a cool story. She has had things in her life happen that has prepared her for this exact moment of time. God knows what he is doing. And Andi will be an amazing member of the church. I was able to testify of the Holy Ghost and how it works to Andi. The cool thing about this is that when you testify of something it strengthens your testimony in it even more. I know that the Holy Ghost has guided me through trials in my life and has always been there for me when I was worthy. I love this gospel and I love what I am learning out here.

Larry had a great experience at church last week. He told us about this the other night. He was wearing a jacket at church and while he was sitting in the Chapel and the chorister got up to lead the music. As she got up Larry started to get hot and just saw light in front of his face. He had to get up during sacrament meeting and go to the bathroom. He said it was an awesome feeling. 

I love the work!

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden





No comments:

Post a Comment