Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Family and Friends,

This week went so well. I want to start my letter by talking about the new Easter video that the church has come out with. In Isaiah 9:6 it reads, "For unto us a child is born unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder. And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the mighty God, the Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." We need to remember that Christ is our peace. We might be struggling with things that may "easily beset us" or that create turmoil in our lives. But we can do all things in Christ. He is Peace. I have seen on my mission the peace that comes into peoples countenance as they learn more about the Savior and his divine role in our journey.

Good news: Monday night we went to Larry's house (the Muslim). He accepted baptism on the 6th of May. He has been progressing slowly as he has started to rekindle his faith in Jesus Christ and accept that there is modern day Prophets. Including Joseph Smith who was the leader of our dispensation. I have felt the spirit as we direct Larry to pray about what we teach him. I love teaching him. He is so open to things. And I have definitely feel like the Lord has been blessing us. We have 5 investigators on date for baptism. Pray that these investigators will have a solid foundation on the Atonement OF Jesus Christ. Larry was also able to watch General Conference and we asked if he believed that Thomas S. Monson could be a prophet. He said, "Yes." It was so awesome.

Oh I totally forgot that I have now been out 9 months! Time is flying. But the experiences I have been having out here I would not trade for anything. I have definitely had a hard week this week, but I know that The Lord has been comforting me as I look to him through all of my hardships. I have recently been listening to a talk by Jeffery R. Holland called, "Safety for the Soul." This is about the Book of Mormon. And also talks about the martyrdom of Joseph Smith and Hyrum Smith. This talk fills me with the spirit every time I listen to it.

Bad news: Manuel has been kicked out of his apartment and we don't know where he is. And Lorenzo and Sharia are moving in about two months and they think they will be going out of Stockton. The Lord has a plan for everyone and their's might not be joining the church at this time. We will pass Lorenzo and Sharia to other missionaries and they will probably be baptized and accept the gospel.

Our investigators are all doing well. Andi is so excited to be baptized. We have been teaching her random lessons because she is all done with the discussions. We are helping her to recognize the spirit. I am eternally blessed to be apart of her conversion. She is an elect spirit of God. And it has been such an honor to help her on her way. She is blazing a trail for her whole family.

Please pray for our investigators and the members of our ward that they will be more missionary minded.

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden



Thought I would convert to the California way and be a tree hugger.


No comments:

Post a Comment