Thursday, November 16, 2017

Monday, November 13, 2017

Family and Friends,

This week was very good! It flew by too because we only have 5 weeks to do all of our exchanges. So we were on two exchanges this week. It was nuts. And we are trying to tie down the loose ends from moving. Something funny that happened this week was we were helping some of the Sisters move into their new apartment and they were on exchanges and one of the Sisters there looked super familiar. I asked why she looked familiar and she said that she knew me. I asked from where...she told me she went to the same elementary school as me. I thought for a minute and as I was thinking I could see the smirk on her face and I was like....awwwww crap. I don't think I had a very good track record in elementary school, so I had to ensure her that I couldn't even remember half of what happened back then... lol. It was so weird. Life is hard when your a G.

We had a zone conference this week and Elder Stewart and I had the opportunity to do a training on effective door and street contacts. This was not just in front of our zone, but it was in front of half the mission. It was a little bit nerve racking... But it was good to learn from each of the missionaries there. We decided to really focus the training on the new missionaries in the mission so we talked a lot about the fears that stem from talking to people. We shared the scripture 2 Tim 1:7 and trained on how God gives us the spirit of a sound mind to help those recognized the truth of the restored gospel.

Now I am going to dedicate a paragraph to food. If there is a wingstop down up in Utah you need to go try it. It is so good. I think I might like it better than buffalo wild wings. I have gone there a few times in the past couple transfers lol. Also another story about me being picky and Satan ruining my life. We went to a members house for dinner. His name is Jake and he is in the branch. He said he was going to cook us a vegan meal. So I thought it wouldn't be that bad, but.... we showed up and he said he was making these things that were basically jack fruit tacos. I still was thinking oh it won't be too bad. We sat down and he presented what he called a garlic mayonnaise and some red onions. I was devastated. Luckily I did not have to eat that, but I did have to eat the tacos. I basically had a chile sauce, spinach, and jack fruit taco. Wow it was disgusting haha. I think our member felt bad because he said he had never made it before...but yeah it was one of the weirdest things I have eaten.

Good news! We got to go to the Temple this week! So I will be sending some pictures soon. It was a great experience. We went with Josh and Paige. It was so amazing to see Josh take these six names that he had a be baptized for them. I know that his ancestors were waiting for him to join the church so that they could make those covenants with God. I also took a name and I prayed that the man I was being baptized for would accept the ordinance. I did not receive a straightforward answer to my question, but the way I felt after I came out of the water was more than enough for me to be satisfied with what I did. The Temple is such an amazing place.

On that note, something else that happened this week that was cool is that we got a call from the Ceres Elders and they told us there was a teenager who was asking about family history specifically. We were able to call him and let him know that he could come down to Turlock to do some genealogical work. He came down that night and we were able to find a lot of ancestors of his. Hopefully he continues to come to the family history center. We have an appointment with him on Tuesday. I can't wait to see what happens with that. But it has really shown me that family history is important.

I am sorry I can't write more. We are running out of time. Just know I had a great week and I am praying for all of you! 

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden








No comments:

Post a Comment