Monday, October 17, 2016

Family and Friends,

This has been a really good week.

It rained A LOT this week. It was nice to get just a glimpse of what the weather used to be at home. Elder Lamm and I are lucky enough to have a car. But we still had to take the bikes out while it was pouring a couple of times. I have enjoyed missionary work more and more as time keeps moving forward. It is definitely a different experience than anything I have ever done. I would like to reiterate what I said in my farewell talk and say that I am thankful for my brother Chase and my Dad for going on a mission and showing me the right way to do things. I can now see some, not all, of the blessings that have and will come into my life. It is so humbling to be on a mission.

The investigators that really progressed this week was Brett. As you know he is in a part member family with Alejandra. We got to do some service at their home this week, we got to eat dinner with them, and we got to give them a lesson. Brett and Alejandra are definitely one of two favorites. I have said this before, but I was meant to meet them. I know that Elder Lamm and I are together and that we have them as investigators because God knows it is their time to hear the gospel and to change. We extended Brett a baptismal date for Jan. 11. He accepted. This was the highlight of my whole mission this week. We have been working on them for a transfer and a half. They are striving for marriage and Brett will then be ready for baptism. God is good. I love missionary work.

Vierra. Another one of my favorites. This lady is awesome. She cares about the missionaries so much. We have had to turn down many gifts from here including iPads... haha. Her son Steven is a recent convert and we are teaching her. She has asked us multiple times if there is an adopt a Grandma website or something. I told her to move to Utah and we would adopt her as a Grandma haha. She is having a hard time progressing. Please pray for her as she makes vital decisions in her life.

So I told you all about our street contact Steve last week. We were not able to see him this week. It was very hard to get ahold of him. It is sometimes discouraging because I feel like people don't understand how hard we work. I mean that when they don't pick up or call back, it's like we worked so hard and planned to see them and then it is just dropped. Haha. I am getting used to it. Satan is a master at destroying people from the inside out. So as missionaries you have to accept others agency and keep pushing forward.

Spiritual thought of the week. I was reading in the Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 11 and I came across something really cool. Nephi was visited by the Spirit of the Lord. He saw a lot of things, but the thing I liked most was that in verse 27 he testified of the divinity of Christ. I read that and thought that don't we all have our own testimony of the Savior and His Atonement? If we don't it would not make it personal. Once we all have a personal testimony of the Atonement it allows us to repent and have peace. If you have used the Atonement you have a testimony of it. I know this for myself. Jesus Christ did Atone for our sins. He is our Savior. And he loves each and everyone of us. Just like he knew Joseph Smith's name he knows our names. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father. And I am thankful for missionary work. I am striving to become like Peter and Andrew in straightway dropping their nets and following Christ. I love the Testaments and how much they can guide our lives.

I LOVE missionary work.

Have a great week.

--
Love,
Elder Willden



No comments:

Post a Comment