Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Utahns and Other Homies,

Transfers went well! I get to stay in the Weston Ward in Stockton! Elder Lamm is still my companion! I am happy no drastic changes were made. I am happy where I am at. I know that the Lord wants me here. It has been such a blessing to be here on a mission. To see my family progress and see the blessings that they are receiving is great. I did not realize how lucky I was at home until I got to Stockton. (Or even when I got off the plane in Oakland). These 3 months have definitely been a journey. Well, something else that happened this week...My first trainer Elder Maxwell is going home tomorrow! He was so cool. I will miss him a lot. He lives in Glendale Utah, but he will be attending Utah State. So I hope I will be able to see him soon!

This week felt really good. We have been working our butts off to get potential investigators and new investigators. We were able to bring in 12 potentials and ended up picking up 2 new investigators. One of them is looking really good. His name is Steve. He is so cool. While I was on exchanges with Elder Capulac we pulled up to this guy on our bikes and he was totally out going. He told us to come over. So this week Elder Lamm and I went over. There is a funny story to this, but I will put it in later. So.... There were a bunch of dogs in his yard so we ended up doing the lesson of The Restoration in his front yard, in front of the front gate. haha. So we got through the lesson and he was accepting everything. He said he thought it was interesting that there was a record of the Americas during Jesus Christ's time. We felt the spirit so strong as we were teaching him and he accepted the commitment to be baptized. Pray for Steve as he starts to read the Book of Mormon. I really hope that he makes the decision to follow Jesus Christ.

So the funny story... The first time Elder Lamm and I went to go contact Steve we saw a lady leaving the house. We decided to just go knock on the door. So we saw this dog kennel in the front and we were like... ehhhh there's no dog out here so let's just go in. I forgot to say...this is in the sketchy part of town where you see a lot of pitbulls, rottweilers, and german shepherds in the front yards. So I led the way and went to the front door. Elder Lamm shut the gate as we went in. All the sudden the lady that left pulled back up to the house and said, "You're in the wrong yard guys...." and we were thinking this is just a normal thing someone telling us to leave. And she went on and said, "This is my Grandma's house... And she has like 11 pitbulls.... You need to be really quiet and get out of the yard." I was FREAKING out. Hahaha this was definitely one of the scariest things that has happened. And it was pretty funny. But yeah the next time we went over we saw all the pitbulls and I was so glad we weren't attacked by these ripped dogs hahaha. 

Keep praying for Vierra, Brett, and Alejandra. We will be teaching Brett and Alejandra tonight and we are extending a baptismal date. So hopefully they decide to accept and work at marriage. I love being a missionary.

Thank you all for all of the support and the many packages I get. I love them and I love you guys!

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden



Awesome socks from the Campos Family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment