Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Family and Friends,

To start my letter off this week I want to congratulate my Sister Bailee for getting engaged! I don't know his last name, but hopefully I will by next week;) (she does not write me). SHOTS FIRED. I guess I am a little upset because these past few weeks a lot of my pants have been ripping due to weight gain. And my butt hurts from my pretty much plastic bike seat. I hope I can have children when I get home. I say that because it has also affected my goodies. Well we will see what happens... To be continued.

So some more news I have... Our legendary ward mission leader is moving to UTAH. I really hope that you guys will be able to meet him. His name is Chris Roberts (Brother Roberts). He is working for work day is SLC. He said that he will be coming to my homecoming, but that is light years away so I am glad I will be able to see him there. So Elder Payne and I had a roof leak because of all the rain and so the apartment complex came and fixed it and gave us a gift certificate to "La Boulangerie." It is a little sandwich shop next to our apartments. It was pretty good. But for two sandwiches, chips, and drinks, it costed $25. People out here are crazy if they go there for that. It wasn't enough food. But I would say it was pretty dang good.

Before I get into our teaching pool and what went on this week I want to tell some funny stories that happened this week. So the first one that happened... We were riding bikes down the road and this lady tells us to pull over and she would meet us in a parking lot. Well, we get in the parking lot and she tells us how she was baptized Mormon and needed a Book of Mormon. She then proceeded to tell us that she has bi-polar manic attacks and how she just got out of a doctor appointment. She started showing us all her pills and everything. After she showed us that she turned up her radio and started singing and dancing to us. Ha. She said she is in the Bible because her name is Mrs. Rhoda. Well sure enough she is in the Bible. She let Peter in when he escaped prison. So later in the week we go to this appointment we had set up and we committed this guy to baptism. We were super pumped and excited. And then the next day we get a text from this guys daughter and she said he wanted to be baptized, but did not want to join the church... UGH. Well we will see what happens.

I am going to ask you all to pray for some people. Larry Lockmiller, Andi Zastrow, Eruch, Ralph, and the Vasquez family. Thanks so much.

My spiritual thought for the day is something I learned in a zone conference we had this past week. So as we were talking about distractions something came to my mind that I got from Mom. I told my zone that my Mom was crazy;) And told me that if you don't like a certain type of food, you just eat it until you like it. So we compared this to music in this certain situation. So I thought about how maybe if we don't like something at first we just need to keep doing it and eventually we will get used to it. And one of the Sisters out here said, "The food thing makes sense because if we stop feeding our body with junk, we can't just stop eating." We have to put good food into our bodies. As do we need to feed our spirits with positive things.

I love the work.

Love,
Elder Willden



Someone brought them a bedtime snack!


Dinner at Glennon Home


Still loves Cactus Cooler



Does not know what fruit this is.....anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment