Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Family and Friends,

I wanted to start my letter this week congratulating my Sister on her marriage in the temple. I think in Utah it is taken for granted for someone to get sealed. It does not happen a lot. I am so proud to have a Sister that made the choice to seal her marriage in the temple. And I cannot wait to see all of my other siblings make that choice. What a great gift God has given us to be able to be with our families forever. I am so grateful for my family and all that they do for me. I would say the number one thing I have learned on my mission so far is the importance of family. It is the most important organization on this earth.

So..... my bike has still been giving me struggles. I am on the verge of throwing the thing away. lol. No, but another spoke broke and I ended up having to true both of the wheels. I love spending money on a bike I don't like. I guess that's just the mission life. I almost wanted to give my bike a blessing this week....but that would be sacrilegious so I did not do it. But seriously the thing hates me. Or I just ride too durty on it.

ALLERGIES have been killer this week... I thought Utah was bad, but the central valley is terrible. I sneeze on average 20 times a day. It is all of these trees and farmland out here. I feel like Chase out here getting the "hot sweats" for days. Thanks for giving me these genes though Dad. There is a tree out here that gets me every time I ride past them and they are everywhere. The hay fever is nuts. Gotta love it.

So Larry has decided to push his baptism off for a little bit. We are going to keep meeting with him, but I think that he will need some new missionaries here before he progresses. Hopefully the ward will rally around him and soften his heart. He is a great guy. Please pray for him. He needs it.

Some good news though. Andra (Andi) will be getting baptized this Saturday. Her story is crazy. This is probably the greatest experience that I have had on my mission and I will be in contact with her for my whole life. She is a CONVERT. Her baptism is going to be packed. We don't know if everyone is going to fit in the baptistery. This lady is awesome. I am humbled to be able to be apart of her journey. I am also very honored that she chose me to do her confirmation on Sunday. I am super nervous. This will be my first time doing this. It will be a neat experience.

Vera another one of our progressing investigators is doing great. She called me on Friday and said, "You have a new Brother!" She was so happy and excited to say that to me. By the way she is the one that sent the flowers to Bailee in my name. I am so happy they got there on time. And Vera will be happy to hear that they matched her wedding colors. She is a great lady. We hope by this week she will have picked a date to be baptized. She did not make it to church this past week, but for the first time in a year of investigating she came to church. Not only once, but two times in a row. HUGE steps for her. We can see her desire to come closer to Christ.

We have been teaching a new investigator named Grace Gaea. She is great haha. She came to gospel principles and did not really like it... So she said she would attend sacrament meeting. She did this past week and said that it was "okay." So please pray that if she does come to church again that she will be able to feel the spirit and that it is what God wants us to do weekly to keep the Sabbath day holy. She is a very busy so we hope that she will take the time necessary to find out if the gospel is true.

I forgot to mention that I am also very happy to be hearing about all of these mission calls. Brighton my cousin will be going to Magala Spain. That is nuts! And Branson just got his call to Wichita Kansas Spanish Speaking. Which is also nuts! He is going to have a blast. And Boston just got his papers turned in and is expecting his call here soon. I cannot wait to hear all of the good news! Missionary work is the best work!

I went on an exchange this past week with our district leader. He is great! I asked for a blessing and he gave me one of the coolest blessings I have ever gotten. He answered a lot of questions of my soul and helped me so much. It just reassured me of the power of the priesthood. Whenever we need divine guidance we can ask a worthy priesthood holder to give us a blessing. And God will help us.

My spiritual thought this week was a scripture that President Waddoups sent me at Christmas time and told me to memorize. It is Ether 12:41 and it reads, "And now I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written. That the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen." What a great scripture to memorize and remember throughout the year. I always think about this scripture when I am having a hard day because seeking Jesus is the best thing that we can do. I love the Lord. And I love doing HIS work.

I forgot to mention that I am 10 months into the mission. How crazy is that?? I love it out here.

I love the work. Have a great week.

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden
I have desecrated the UOP tiger with a lip bite. Go BYU #IBleedBlue​​




I have converted our whole zone to Taco Bell. #Hallalujah




April 24, 2017 
Family and Friends,

It is really weird having a sister getting married to someone you don't know. I trust my sister's judgement. But I wish them luck and especially him luck on this journey. Welcome to the clan. I will be doing initiation when I get home. Maybe it is a good thing that I am gone at this point so that he will marry Bailee. Because once their sealed there is no going back👹

I got to see Alejandra this week which was cool. We were able to do exchanges with the zone leaders so we went and ate pizza over there. Still one of my favorite families in Stockton. I feel like a Stocktonian now. I have been here for almost 9 months. It is crazy. But I know that I am supposed to be here and The Lord has blessed me with so many great experiences. I am blessed.

So Larry has had some setbacks this week... So I don't know if he is going to be baptized on the 6th of May, but that is still the plan. Pray for him that he will continue to progress.

While we were on exchanges with the zone leaders this week Elder Bonola and I got to make the long drive up to Lodi;) They cover the singles ward so we were able to go up there and seek out the less-actives there. It was a great exchange that was much needed.

This week was a very slow week and it was kind of rough. Dad was right about journals being therapeutic. I think my journal very well keeps me sane sometimes. Stockton is so so good. Don't get me wrong, but just pray that I can have the strength to be patient and love people as Christ would love them. The mission helps so much with everything. I am happy to hear of my friends and cousin that have gotten their calls to serve. It is the best decision you can make in your life.

I am doing so well and love all of you. I am sorry for the short letter. I will do better next week. Had to write a lot of individuals. Keep praying I can feel your prayers!

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden





No comments:

Post a Comment