Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Family and Friends,

This week has been GREAT! We finally got our area reorganized so we are back to full time work. It has been so stressful this week. In the past two weeks we have gotten 9 headquarters referrals...which is nuts. So we have been all over the place.

As Mom probably knows my bicycle failed me again. The bolt underneath my seat snapped in half again and I took a tumble onto the asphalt. I was livid ticked....luckily I did not swear this time. But I did almost throw my bicycle into the river next to the bike trail we were on. I went down right on my knees too so I am thankful no bad injuries occurred and that I did not fall forward...So I think I can still have kids when I am older. As for my call to President Palmer for that one...He sent me straight to world of wheels and told me to tell them he sent me. They fixed my bike for free and gave me all new parts for my seat. So that was cool.

My day was made the next day though because Mom sent me a watch. And it is nice....(: haha nicer than my 10 dollar watch from wish.com. But... That thing was a tank. Lasted a whole year. And now it is hanging up in our apartment. I also just wanted to write a little bit about how thankful I am for my parents. They are AWESOME. My siblings can probably attest. But just looking back on my life and everything that they taught me. They did a dang good job. I am thankful for their constant prayers and constant love. You are amazing people. Thank you.

Funny story: We have a ward missionary named Brother Black and he is just super awesome. He will come out with us whenever we ask and he just sacrifices so much for the church. His wife has passed away and basically he is just dedicating his life to missionary work. We absolutely love him. So he was taking us home from church the other week and I just looked at him and said, "you know what Brother Black...You are the GOAT." He looked at me with confusion haha. He is like 74 years old. And I said, "Brother Black... You are the Greatest Of All Time!!" And he just erupted with laughter. So we have been calling him the GOAT and just trying to uplift him everytime we go out with him and the last time we were with him he said, "This is the best antidepressant." It made me so happy to just be doing missionary work with him. He is awesome.

So.... I heard that the church has done away with the BSA program. So I guess I am kind of off the hook for not getting my eagle. Just kidding. But I thought that was so weird. And ironic😂

This past Thursday was my second time planning and conducting a district meeting. And.... Sister Palmer showed up. It went so well though. We had a meeting based around loving and working with ward members. We were able to discuss ways to help our ward and stake. Sister Palmer shared some awesome insight that we wouldn't have gotten if she weren't there. It was just a great meeting. I am going to stem my spiritual thought off of this meeting. I was reading in the New Testament and in 1 Peter 5:2-6 it really talks about how we have to humbly love the people that we serve. The passage that stuck out to me most is in verses 2 and 6. "Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;...Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time..." The two words that stick out to me most in those verses are feed and oversight. If you look at the footnotes provided it has words like, tend and superintend for feed. And words like, overseeing, guarding, and watching for oversight. I have tried to compare this to my service, but this can also apply to church callings. We are guarding and tending the flocks that the Lord has trusted us with. We should do what Peter so straightforwardly puts, "humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time." We must be humble as we provide service to others. God resisteth the proud. (v. 5) I love missionary work. It is the most humbling, rewarding, joyful experience you can ever have.

I love the work here in Calfornia.

--
Love,
Elder Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment