Friday, June 2, 2017

Family and Friends,

I would like to start my letter off this week by sharing a spiritual thought. Last Monday we were able to attend a meeting with Elder Clayton of the seventy presiding. It was so awesome. We had a lot of insight on how to do missionary work. Particularly planning and helping investigators keep commitments. It was awesome. Elder Clayton got up and started talking about prayer and how we should pray and it really touched me. It answered a lot of questions that I had. A quote that I would like to share is, "We are kneeling before God...He is not kneeling before us." We have to be humble when we pray and ask what Heavenly Father's will is for us and then act on the promptings we receive. So being me... I wanted to test this as soon as possible. So I had to prepare a district meeting this past week and I wanted to know what my district needed to hear. So basically I was asking Heavenly Father if what I prepared is what they needed and I could consciously tell if I needed to change something every time I prayed. Finally the spirit told me that it was good to go and the meeting went great. It was a good experience for me.

 And before I go on in my letter I would like to take this paragraph and tell my brother Chase happy birthday! He is just my best friend and I am so happy I have him as a brother. Keep on being chill and work hard in Cali. You'll do great things my man.

I would like to ask all of you to pray for our recent convert Andi. She is doing okay, but just going through a rough patch. She is the strongest convert I have ever seen. But just pray for her strength and that she will be comforted through this time. Her personal life has gotten very choppy before and now after she has joined the church.

We have been having super busy weeks. We went over to a less actives house this weekend and did some yard work. That went very good. Except his yard was a jungle and I almost passed out from allergies lol. I really sneezed about 100 times. But he came to church so it was worth it. We are so excited for this ward and the potential that it has. I love the members here. I hope that I can stay here the rest of my mission.

We have had a lot of Hawaiian BBQ this week too. And I have lost weight so that's cool. There is this new Mt. Dew that has a mix of three dews. You know I hit that up...but not too much because ball is life. I love my family and I love the work.

Keep being awesome everyone and keep writing me!

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden


Taken May 8, 2017 at the Dickson's home with their youngest son.  Elder Willden Skype called from their home on Mother's Day

Getting treats from Alejandra again


Last two are from this week.
What does the lip bite even mean?


No comments:

Post a Comment