Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Family and Friends,

This week was WILD! Back to the Brookside ward in Stockton...My new companions are Elder Kessler and Elder Fredenberg. Elder Kessler is from Gilbert Arizona and Elder Fredenberg is from Ann Arbor Michigan! We are in an unconventional situation right now. Elder Fredenberg is a visa waiter so he will be leaving to Taiwan Taipai as soon as he gets his visa. But for now he is teaching me Mandarin lol. Hardest language I have ever tried to speak. I am loving it here in Stockton again. So much work to do!

The first night back in Stockton we went to Tim's house and taught him. He committed to be baptized on his birthday! It will be on February 7. He is working on some things so hopefully he can reach his goal...we will see what happens! We are probably going there tonight to follow up with him on his commitments!

Frankie is also here in the Brookside ward and attends church each week. It was funny because I called to tell him I was back and that we wanted to meet with him. When I told him that it was Elder Willden speaking he said, "I know...you are back in Brookside." He said it so casually like he had known for awhile. So that was weird. To remind you who Frankie is...we were working with him back last spring and he moved to a different ward. Now he is back and basically ready to be baptized.

My district is pretty cool! It is all of the spanish missionaries here in Stockton! Our district meeting was way good this week. Stockton has changed so much since I left, but I love it here. 

We had so many referrals to contact the week I got here. We picked up three new investigators this week just from referrals! One of them is a super cool situation. His name is Jim Wiggins. He is 90 years old and he lives in a retirement home. His girlfriend is a member of the church and he wants to join. We are in the process of teaching him so we will see what happens. He is pretty bound and determined to be a member! We also were able to go out with Brother Black this week. He had a referral for us that we taught. Her name is Elizabeth. She was such a sweet lady...she told us how she has been through so much and has been looking for a church ever since she came to Stockton. She said that she would read the Book of Mormon. And if she finds out that it is true she will be baptized! I love Brother Black...best ward missionary of all time! The GOAT. We were also able to stop by Vera's this week. She said she has not seen missionaries in 7 months...she was determined to get started next week. Hopefully we can see some progress with her. I think she might be ready now!

Brett and Alejandra reached out to us this week! It was very good to hear from them. They even came to church. Which made me happy!

The best for last...I saw Andi this week! I got to see her at church and went to her new home to have dinner last night! So many cool things going on. Her husband who was apprehensive about her joining the church has been getting more open. They pray together and read scriptures every morning. Andi was saying that she was praying for a missionary that her and Dan could trust. She said she had her prayers answered! She actually at one point talked to President Palmer and asked him if it is ever possible to send a missionary back to an area...haha. Well, now I am here! Andi also talked to me and told me how excited that she is to do her endowment this spring. She said that she most definitely would like for me to go. I am going to start doing the recent convert lessons with her again and hopefully Dan joins in. We will see. It was so good to catch up with her. She is doing great!

At church on Sunday one of the members that I got pretty close with was shaking our hands and he shook Elder Fredenbergs...(still hadn't noticed I was back)...And started to shake mine, looked up and was soooooo surprised. He said, "Haven't you been home for 5 years?!?! Hahaha. It was hilarious. I got to catch up with so many people. I love it here.

Hope you all have a great week!

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden



Zone Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment