Thursday, May 10, 2018

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Family and Friends,

I apologize for not writing on Monday...I know that you were all probably just sitting on my blog all day Monday and Tuesday waiting...haha just kidding. But we definitely had a crazy Monday. That is why I am writing today! We actually had a really good week last week. We weren't able to teach too many lessons, but we have been going all over the mission. We have been attending interviews with President Palmer and giving some personalized training on phone usage and how to help protect our companions. It has been such a learning experience for me; it helps me to be a better missionary and a better person.

Last week we conducted a mission leadership council and a new missionary/trainer meeting. We have just been very busy with trying to help the missionaries. Something that I got from both of the meetings was a word that is often over-looked in our missionary purpose. It says to, "HELP others to come unto Christ through..." I love that we get to help others. President Palmer took us through a training about helping others. It was very simple, but I took so much from it. The biggest thing I think I need to help others with is enduring to the end. We can help our Brothers and Sisters every where endure to the end. I like how we have been reminded to take a holier way to minister to those in our lives. The church is definitely true!

I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Miller this past week. It is crazy because the last exchange I had with him was about a year ago. I have a great friendship with him so it was cool to be able to learn from him. We also got to go work for the day out in Manteca! I had never been out to Mountain House so I thought it was a blast. It is allergy season though, so I am kinda dying out here.

Elder Cook and I now have a new companion. Elder Wray has joined us in the Modesto YSA. We will also be covering the Brookside ward again for a couple of weeks! It's crazy...I am going back a 3rd time! I am so excited. I am also super stoked that we get to go to the temple with Andi this weekend to witness her take out her endowment. She is such a great convert. She was called to be int the Young Women's Presidency last Sunday. It brings me joy that I would've never had if I wasn't on a mission.

Sorry for the short email. I got to go get some pretty good Chicago style pizza with President and Sister Palmer this past week. I am still losing weight though...we're good!:)

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment