Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Monday, June 25, 2018

Family and Friends,

Well... This is it! The last weekly email I will send as a full-time missionary. It is really crazy how fast these two years have gone. My heart is full of gratitude for all of those who have supported me. All of you back home, those who are here in California, and all of the missionaries that I have associated with throughout my mission. This has been such a sacred experience that I will never forget. There are a lot of things that I have learned on my mission, but I would love to expound on 3 things that have impacted me so much out here. 

The first thing I would like to write about is the importance of family. By God's wisdom and love we were all put into families. Each family is different. But with the gospel, families can prosper and be united. As I have been able to help other individuals come closer to the Savior it has taught me that my personal choices can effect my family members now, my ancestors, and my posterity. Choices we make now will effect generations before and generations to come. As families work together in unity we can all make it back to our Father in Heaven. His plan is a perfect plan. 

Second, I would like to talk about integrity. I have learned that integrity builds the trust that the Lord has in us. If we do what we say we will do, even if no one is watching, the Lord will bless us. If we do not do what we say we will there are so many negative effects. This is key in this life because we make covenants. We also make promises to leaders and friends. I have learned it is imperative to be who you say you are and to do what you say you will do.

Last of all I have learned who my Savior is. He is so merciful and loving. I have had many personal experiences with His redeeming love. And I have had the wonderful opportunity to represent Him in His wonderful work. God loves His children. Our Savior is there when we are weak, when we are low, and when we feel like no one understands. I have come to know my Savior through study and prayer. I hope to continue to learn more about Him. 

I cannot wait to see all of you in a couple of days. I have waited for this moment a very long time. I have longed to hug my wonderful Mom. And to tell my Dad thanks for everything. I am very excited to be back with my siblings. With that said...I will forever remember the California Modesto Mission because of the impact it has had on my life. My love for the people, the area, and my mission will never diminish. I am so grateful for these two years and what it has taught me.

Our last weeks have been pretty crazy. We have had a lot to do on the administrative side of things. This past week we were busy cleaning our house out and getting everything ready for the transition. We have been fed a lot, luckily I have not gained back any weight that I have lost. The Lord blesses His missionaries. I love you all and I will see you in 2...DAYS!

Love, 
Elder Willden 





Sister Palmer sent these last two pictures and said,
"Wee will love him forever"


1 comment:

  1. Belief is the reason we go on a mission. It is the motive for preaching about Christ and sharing/Proclaiming his love. Faith is understanding we are children of God and our Heavenly Father. May this defined and explained and Meaning of faith bless you in life. Faith is defined again and because faith has an inherent joy it gives us a solid foundation that we finally have the peace we have been searching For.

    "Many believer's feed themselves on what God hasn't done. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I create the atmosphere for the spirit of offense to arise and to thrive. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I legitimize unbelief. I live with a sense of justification, for not believing God.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance. even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance

    Heaven is a place where everyone is celebrated, some are more honored but everyone is celebrated. All men and all women shall be judged on the light which they have received. Heaven is a permissible culture. God's nature is eternally permissible. These statements protect us from credit.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done. Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance. Faith doesn't deny a problems existence, it denies it's influence. He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed for he or she had a deeply rooted, and a vigorous faith.

    Now we can act as we have always dreamed. Now we can act as we have always been. Now we can step into the light and gather the sunlight instead of blocking out our possibilities. Instead of blocking out our joy. Variety will bloom in/under the sun. We can show off our best, we can enjoy other people's gifts. We can blossom where we stand upon the joy that faith provides us. Upon the joy that faith inherently has, which blossoms the entire field of flowers"

    .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYaxabUfkA - The Definition of Faith

    ReplyDelete