Thursday, August 18, 2016

August 15, 2016

Hi everyone!!   

I had a pretty good week this week!

I had the opportunity to go to a Training Meeting with all the new missionaries and their trainers last Tuesday! What a great way to start my week. I was chosen to lead a discussion with another Elder on a scripture that has really effected my life, especially the few months leading up to my mission. It is Alma 7:22-24. I would invite all to read that and compare it to our lives today and how we can come closer to Christ through living that scripture. Our mission vision says "We are one with the Savior, in doing the will of the Father." I read that scripture and compared it to my life and what I am trying to become. When we as missionaries are set apart to be Jesus Christ's representatives we must have all the characteristics explained in verse 23. It is my testimony that as we try to be more like Christ it effects the people around us, including people we might not even know. As you can tell I really enjoyed that meeting.

In personal studies as well I have been studying Abinadi in Mosiah. I thought he was cool when I was younger, but now I think he is even more awesome. He straight up went into Noah's house and chastised him in front of everyone. And then when Noah got mad he just kept going. And I think it is interesting that it says "his face shone even like unto Moses' shone at Mount Sinai." Moses was transfigured at Mount Sinai. So think about Abinadi being transfigured while he was preaching to a wicked people. I would not want to touch him either haha.

So I have a cool story that happened last week. We had to go to wal-mart because my inner tube in my bike tire popped. And while we were there we were approached by a lady and she asked who we worked for. We said we served for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She said that she was a member, but hadn't been to church in awhile. We asked where she lived and she said she had just moved to the Union Ward. This was a very cool experience because we were not planning on being there and her records had been lost for awhile because she was not active, but now she has her records here and we are teaching her and her friend who is an investigator.

Later that week we were riding around and Elder Maxwell's bike tire popped. And so we were walking again. And we ended up talking to a couple that walked past us and the guy said he was a member when he was younger! His records were not in our ward and he was in our boundaries so we were able to get them here. We also went to visit them and he said that he and his wife had been talking about finding a church to raise their son in and we happened to walk next to them shortly after. I know that everything happens for a reason and that we are guided by the spirit to find people.

The food here just keeps getting better and better too so I am having the time of my life!

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden

We did not have anything to take pictures of one day so we all took pictures with Jesus haha. These are my two comps that are awesome. Two of these are when I was at a members home and I got to hold there lizard.

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden










He likes this food too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment