Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I forgot to post the letter that came from Sister Toutai on Sunday evening to me:)  This was Sunday, August 21, 2016 and Kolton had already left for Stockton and did not write to tell me until the 22nd. This letter brought tears of joy of course and a little;) for missing my boy!  


Sister Willden,

My family and I had the pleasure of feeding your son and his companion dinner last night. He does not serve in our ward but happened to be on splits with the zone leader yesterday. I felt impressed to email you and let you know that Elder Willden is a fantastic missionary. My two oldest children will be of missionary age in 10 years and I only hope that they exhibit the love and respect for their mother and family as your son does. He knows of your deep love for him.

He shared the story of Nephi's courage from 1 Nephi 3:7 where it reads: "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

I enjoyed Elder Willden's sweet spirit that he brought into my home. I know that when we except a challenging call, whether that is leaving our families that we love for the first time to serve the Lord or doing something that is out of our comfort zone, we have the strength of a loving Father in heaven who will protect us and prepare our way to accomplish all that we set out to do, especially when we are on the Lords errand.

I thank you for sharing your son with the people of the California. He will truly bless many here. I know that our dear Father in Heaven loves each one of his children and I think that your son will be an answer to many a prayer here. 

With an abundance of love from one mother to another,

Melanie Toutai 

P.S. I tried to get him to eat his veggies, but he very politely declined...hehe =). Have a wonderful week Sister Willden!

No comments:

Post a Comment