Tuesday, August 23, 2016

This week was crazy!

Earlier last week Elder Maxwell, Elder Spikes, and I visited Justin and Jennifer. They are a great family that was really prepared for us. We were talking to them and they had told us they were searching for a religion to raise their son in. We were so happy to hear that. The next time we saw them we asked what had made them start meeting with us. Justin said, "honestly we would've done nothing, but you guys talked to us so we decided to do this." That is the best thing a missionary can hear. Elder Maxwell's bike tire had popped and we were walking. I know that everything happens for a reason. If we hadn't have been walking we would not have been able to contact Justin and Jennifer. They are so prepared. Although they want to take it slow the Union Elders have a good couple to teach.

So going back to this week being crazy... I was on exchanges with one of the zone leaders for my area and he got a call from President Palmer. This is how the conversation went:

President: "Elder Grover, is the phone on speaker?"
Grover: "Yes."
President: "Turn it off speaker."
Elder Grover than went to another room. I thought nothing of it haha. I just thought that something sensitive had happened within the zone. After about 5 minutes Elder Grover came back out into the kitchen and would not talk to me. hahah. I thought that something sad had happened. He told me President was coming over and I thought it was no big deal. I was fixing my bicycle. President got there and started to talk to us about the work and I was telling him about our amazing investigators. I told him how much I loved the Union Ward. He told us he was not there for Elder Grover, that's when I knew something was up. And then he went on to explain that Elder Niangaron, who is from the Ivory Coast had gotten his visa to go to Brazil that day. So he asked me if I would accept an assignment to go to the Westen Ward in Stockton. I accepted and he told me that Elder Lamm would be my new companion. I was so scared and sad to leave. President also told me to be ready for transfers in a week haha. I will tell you more about the move, but first I want to tell you about our dinner that night.

We had a member dinner at the Toutai's home. I did not really know them, but I got to know them in a short amount of time. They were a great family. I ate so much Tri-tip steak I got sick. Haha. Sister Toutai was trying to get me to eat the barbecued veggies, but I could not do it. I got to share the message that night when we were done. And it went along with my transfer call. (So I kind of taught myself too...) ;). I shared 1 Nephi 3:7. This scripture was about Nephi when he accepted to go get the plates. He told us that God does not give us commandments that we cannot fulfill. I am not nearly as strong as Nephi, but that scripture confirmed to me that Stockton is where I am supposed to be for however long the Lord needs me here. I explained to the kids that things can be hard to us, but through the strength God gives us we can do anything. After the lesson Sister Toutai asked for my Mommy's email and I gave it to her. So I don't know what she said to her, but that was cool of her;).

So I packed that night and went to Stockton. It is so nice here....... Haha. The people are way humble and really kind. I got to go to church that next day. It was very interesting. There weren't a lot of members there. They have 4000 members in the Stockton Stake and only 1000 are active. So there is a lot of work to be done here. I don't know how long I will be here, but I am excited to work hard. We went to dinner last night at the Toale's. They are very nice people. I could not eat that much because of how much steak I ate the past night. Stockton has been good to me so far though.

I have gained 10 pounds already.... Keep me in your prayers. I have been playing a lot of basketball though so that's good.

I love the work. And I absolutely love the Book of Mormon and the way it blesses lives. Keep praying for my past investigators. I love them so much and I hope and pray for their salvation.



--
Love,
Elder Willden

Haha check this out! This was my last picture with my trio.
A portrait of the First Presidency, with President Monson in a chair, President Eyring standing behind him, and President Uchtdorf seated on a bench.
-- 
Love,
Elder Willden


All mom can say on this first two is "WOW"

Does he care about the food he eats?  Mom thinks so!  Cause we get lots of food photos;)
Is that last one a fish tank? and where?  Elder Willden needs to label or explain pictures for sure! 







No comments:

Post a Comment