Wednesday, November 2, 2016

FAMILY AND FRIENDS,

I had a very good week this week! Hard work has really been paying off. We were able to meet some new people this week. Something that was really cool about that is that I was on the phone with President Palmer a couple weeks ago and we were reporting our weekly numbers. As I was reporting it sounded really sad because we had been struggling to get good numbers. As we approached how many new investigators we had I was getting nervous because we were at zero and I did not want to be embarrassed. When I told him zero he laughed and said, "Well Elders, you're gonna have to step up your game a little bit!" This made me laugh and a lot of stress was relieved as I told him we were going to step our game up. And right away, we stepped our game up! Haha. We worked really hard this week to find new people and to visit former investigators. As we did we were able to see the fruits of our labors and it has been so good. I will tell you a little bit about who we met.

The first guy I want to talk about is Uncle Larry haha. He was a former investigator that just fell through the cracks. We have no idea why he was dropped. Well we went over there and he let us in. We started talking to him and he explained that his nephew lives in an apartment in his backyard and that he was Mormon. He went on and said that his nephew has fetal alcohol syndrome. His name is Nick. We met Nick and he was offended in Pacific YSA. So he started coming to the Weston Ward. We started to talk to Larry about his position on the church. He told us that he was super close to being baptized, but he was offended. So pray for him to have his heart softened. We were able to go shopping with him today because we had no miles on our car. We were at the register and he stepped in front of us and payed for our groceries. He is super nice and we want for him the happiness that we have. Larry was raised right and he is very religious. We will work on him;) Once again he needs prayers though.

Update on Vierra. She went in for some medical tests the other day and she asked us for a blessing. The blessing went very well and she told us she was nervous for the appointment. The next day we went by to see how she was. She told us the blessing had worked and she sent us away (she was not feeling well). We were so happy that she recognized the priesthood working in her life. Please pray for Vierra. 

Spiritual thought for the week: It is on the Book of Mormon. As we were talking to an investigator his feelings about the Book of Mormon were so-so because of the violence. I don't think much of it because I was raised in the church. While we were testifying my testimony grew. If you think about it the Lord protected the Nephites when they were righteous. They were fighting not because they wanted to conquer, but because they were protecting their families, liberties, and religion. I absolutely love the Book of Mormon and the things it teaches all of us. I issue a challenge to all that read this. Think of a question. Any question and read the Book of Mormon. And I promise you that your question will be answered.

I love my family and wish them a Happy Halloween. Don't eat too much candy lol. 

--
Love,
Elder Willden

 Elder Capulac and I (He is the best Elder hahah)

MOM this is the journal I need.

I make some pretty dang good spaghetti! Not boasting in myself. It is through God the spaghetti is made.;)
{that looks like Penne to me, not spaghetti-Rhonda's comment}

Mane N' Tail Shampoo hahaha. Go watch blades of glory. This stuff is so good for your hair;)

DORITOS

 The "Look" 

No comments:

Post a Comment