Monday, November 14, 2016

Family and Friends,

I had a very good week this week. We started it off with a specailized training on our mission emergency plan and the new #LightTheWorld initiative. I thought that the meeting went really well. Fun fact: I learned that missionaries can jump into a pool! But... Only if you are on fire. Haha I want to swim so bad. I'll write a little bit more about the Christmas intitiative.

So we learned about the new initiative and what we are supposed to do. There is an event calendar that we will have and we will be doing a lot of service! We have pass along cards that has a link to the video. The video is GREAT! If you have not seen it go and watch it. It basically shows that we can strive to have the charity that Christ had. I said it shows because this video does not have words. Something our Mission President asked us was "What words do you hear?" I thought that that was super cool because as you watch it words come to your mind. So it makes it personal. The word that came to my mind the most was service. If we are serving we are doing something that Jesus Christ did his whole life. I absolutely love this new initiative.

We had some set backs this week, but I guess I should expect that being a missionary. We talked with Brett and Alejandra about their progress. They said they were probably not going to make it on the 11th of January. Alejandra feels rushed. I really hope they take our invitation to kneel down together and pray about the decisions they will be making. I think that that would really help them. I can feel all of your prayers at home.

Manuel came to church yesterday. Cool story about that though: That morning had been really hard because when we got to church we were expecting three investigators to come to church. With 20 minutes to church no one had shown up. The only investigator to show up on time was Samuel which we knew would come. We welcomed him and started sacrament. Half way through sacrament I was sulking and pouting that none of our investigators had come. We were singing a song and the chapel door opened. Manuel walked in with one of his friends. I was super happy and filled with the spirit. I immediatly prayed for thanks and for forgiveness for pouting and murmering in my mind. I am thankful for the joy that we recieve bringing people to the fold.

Spiritual thought for the week is a scripture that is very dear to me. It is Phillipeans 2:13-15. This scripture has actually meant a lot to me since I was 12 years old. But when I came out on my mission and turned back to it it answered a lot of my questions. I absolutely love it. I was looking over it recently and it really applies to the Light the World initiative. We need to shine as lights in this perverse nation.

I love the work!

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden









No comments:

Post a Comment