Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Family and Friends,

We received news this week that there are more opportunities for missionaries to go to the TEMPLE now! I have been wanting to go to the Oakland Temple ever since I got off the plane. So hopefully I am able to go soon. There are three requirements for us to go:

1: We have to be instrumental in the investigators conversion.

2: We have to make sure they bring a family name.

3: It has to be the investigators first time to the Temple.

That opens so many opportunities for us to go to the Temple and I am super excited for the day I get to go to either the Sacramento or Oakland Temples. 

Elder Lamm and I were able to pick up two new investigators this week! The Lord has really been blessing us. When I first got into the area we had two investigators...now we have nine. Elder Lamm and I have been working really hard and I am happy to say that Heavenly Father is acknowledging that. I have really enjoyed missionary work and will tell you my experiences I had this week with the people of Stockton.

We street contacted a man by the name of Manuel about 3 weeks ago. We were finally able to meet with him for the first time this week. We taught him the Restoration. He accepted everything and then he explained to us that he was given a Book of Mormon three years ago. He said that he has a testimony of the Book already which is super awesome. He came to church this Sunday, but did not come to the right time;) We talked to him about baptism and I thought that this was super cool. He told us that he has been baptized twice, but that he wants to do it the right way. I am really excited to watch him progress. Pray for Manuel!

The next one I want to talk about is a pretty cool one. We get a lot of church headquarters referrals. We received one this week for a lady by the name of Charmaine Epps. We went over with our Ward Mission Leader Brother Roberts. We taught her the Restoration and she opened up and told us about how she moved to Stockton recently because both of her kids were killed in Oakland. (I would not recommend Stockton haha) But on a serious note, we were able to explain that families will be together forever. She was super accepting of the message and we were able to commit her to read the Book of Mormon.

Brett and Alejandra are doing really good! We need to get them to church though;) Uncle Larry is reading the Book of Mormon again and we will be following up on that here pretty soon.

Cool story about Vierra Turner. She had a dream recently about the church. She said she was in a really stormy world. She looked and saw a steeple. She interpreted that it was a Mormon church. She went in and felt really warm. She said the feeling was indescribable. I thought that that was super cool. Please pray for Vierra and her progression.

Spiritual thought of the week. At the beginning of the mission I approached President Palmer and I talked to him a little bit. He ended up telling me at the end kind of joking, kind of not to "Not kick the pricks." I took this in a positive way. But I was recently studying in D&C 121. And it says in verse 38: Behold, ere he is aware, he is left unto himself, to kick against the pricks, to persecute the saints, and to fight against God. I then turned to Acts and it told the conversion of Paul. When he was Saul he was told not to kick the pricks. I thought about this and obviously I am not rebelling against God, but we need to submit to his will. Why kick back at him and fight what you are supposed to be doing? Jesus Christ was the perfect example of this. I invite you to read 3 Nephi 11:10-11. This is the perfect example of accepting his will.

I love my family and I love the work!

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden

Alejandra sent you enough pictures. i will do better next week;)






No comments:

Post a Comment