Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Family and Friends,

Wow... This week was awesome! We got our transfer calls. Here are the details: Our ward now has two sets of missionaries, we lost our car and will be riding bikes, and I will be training a new missionary. HOLY COW. I don't know if I am ready for this, but President Palmer assured me that I would be okay. Elder Lamm will be serving in the boonies. It is an area called Jackson. It will be weird not being with him, but I am excited to start this new transfer with someone different. I forgot to mention that more than half of the area we are serving in is foreign to me... It is going to be a blast.

So now for the bad news... We are losing Brett and Alejandra in this process. They will still be in our ward, but we will not be going to South Stockton anymore. More bad news. Manuel who was supposed to be baptized last Saturday dropped off of the face of the planet. We have not had communication from him for a week. This really really bummed me out. Elder Lamm and I still have no idea what is going on. But it could just be that his phone is broke. We will see what happens.

This week felt really slow and felt like we were in no mans land because our area was changed and we were getting ready to move. We went to dinner with Uncle Larry this week. He is a great guy, but he is the most stubborn dude I know. My new companion and I will be chipping away at him hard. Anyways, we went to this restaurant called Dave Wong's. It is a Chinese restaurant. It was super dang good. They had amazing ribs. When Larry takes us to eat he goes all out.

We went to Brett and Alejandra's for New Years Eve. It was a good time. We had these confetti poppers and we popped them off before we left. Also they gave us some good Martinelli's. We also had this ginger bread house competition. And yours truly won so I am a champion.

Spiritual thought for the week is something that will go along really well with New Years and making resolutions. I got this calendar out here on the mission and something it says for January is to instead of making a ton of resolutions, stick with two and respect them like it is a commitment you make with a friend. You should respect the commitments you make to yourself more than the ones you make to peers. Focus on those two commitments and roll with it. This also ties in with something I thought a lot about this week. A couple of people talked to me about making decisions and how we know when the spirit is telling us to do something or not. I feel as though the spirit is not going to push super hard towards something if both decisions are good. We have our agency. That is the beauty of this life. When we want to do something we can do it. The spirit will then confirm that what you are doing is right. So when we make decisions in this New Year, make sure that the spirit confirms to you that what you are doing is right. Look to Christ in all you do and you will be blessed.

Thank you all for your prayers and please continue to pray for me and my new companion. And our investigators.

I love this work.

--
Love,
Elder Willden





No comments:

Post a Comment