Tuesday, January 10, 2017


Well it was a short one this week.  Sure love and miss this young man.  


He looks tired to his momma, but sounds happy:) 
Friends and Family,

I had such a great week this week. My new companion is Elder Payne. He is from Weatherford, TX. He is 20 years old and he is very excited to be serving in California. This has definitely been an experience that has helped me grow. I have had to kick it into high gear now that I am responsible for someone else's well-being. I am so happy to be where I am at this time in my life. What a great experience this is.

I am sorry to hear about Uncle Steve's passing. My condolences go to the Bandis family and I hope they find peace and comfort in the Plan of Salvation. It has definitely gave me a new perspective on the fragility of life; seeing all of these family members passing on. But I know that they have work to do. God's plan is the greatest plan.

Not having a car is great...lol. Nah it kinda sucks. But on the positive end we have so much more time to find people. It has been a great experience talking to everyone here in central Stockton. I have had the opportunity to gain some people skills I would've never developed if I had not come on a mission.

I don't know why, but I am having a hard time on what to write. Maybe because I started this so late... Umm. Elder Payne and I have been teaching a lot of new people because we have so much new people.

I guess I will just bear my witness of Jesus Christ and the restored gospel:

I know that this church is true. I know that God knows us each personally. I have had the greatest experiences of my life out here on a mission. God has personalized my mission to test me and to help me grow. I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and ultimately sealed his testimony with blood. That is so amazing. How great a work. I love this gospel. I love the people here in Stockton.

I am sorry for such a short email. I will make up for it next week.

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment