Monday, October 16, 2017

Family and Friends,

Our week this week was super good! We started off the week with an exchange in the assistants area. We had a really good time. I was able to be with Elder Wray who is actually a really good friend with Cam Mortensen so that was kind of cool. He knows a few people from Weber and spent a lot of time there in high school. We had a really funny experience. We knocked on a door and this guy opened the door and was like "WHAT'S UP BROS?!?!" He went off for a minute and it turned out Elder Wray had met this guy awhile back. Well he let us in (this is both Elder Wray and I's first time in this house) and he asked if we wanted to grub. We said sure we'll eat. So he sat us down and he said I got this pesole that is super good and it has pig foot in it! I was SO scared haha. He dished us up two big bowls and gave us a ton of soda. Then he told us to grub and he went in the other room to watch a movie. Like I said this is the first time in his house haha. We sat there for 15 minutes trying to eat this really disgusting soup stuff. I was DYING. haha. I couldn't do the pig foot....no way. Then we finally got to the point where we could tell him we were full. We were able to share a message with him and it turns out he had a lot of problems going on in his life. We taught him how to pray and invited him to pray and then got out of there. My stomach was MESSED up after that haha.

I wanted to share something cool I started to do this week in my studies that I highly recommend. I have always wondered why the prophecies of Isaiah are so important. Why would Nephi decide to quote them in several chapters of the Book of Mormon? So I have started to compare the chapters in Isaiah to the chapters in 2 Nephi. I have recorded words that were changed/missed in translation/footnotes from both KJV and BoM...And it has helped me to understand so much more. Some meanings are completely changed. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet because of everything that he did. The spirit tells me that all of this is true. I highly urge you to do this if Isaiah confuses you. It has helped me so much. People always ask me why 2 Nephi is my favorite book of scripture...I didn't know how to answer that, but I guess I would say that I love Nephi and his example. I want to be like that guy.

Just a little update on all the work that is going on here. We have two more investigators who have decided to set a date for baptism. Tyler, being the first will be baptized on November 4. We are excited for him. He is struggling with the Word of Wisdom a little bit, but we know he can get over that stumbling block. Please pray for him. We are also working with Alexis who has decided to get baptized on November 11. She is awesome. Very spiritually sound. We hope that she sees the importance of coming to church so that she can always renew the covenants she is going to make at baptism. We are experiencing a lot of success and we are enjoying all of the work we are being trusted with.

We worked with Josh, our recent convert, on his family history. I LOVE family history haha. I feel like a nerd, but we were able to help him get his fan chart basically full. It took some work, but now he already has 5 names to take to the temple. Paige, his girlfriend, is also taking some of his female names to the temple as well. We are so excited for him. He is a pioneer in his family and he is really being such a great example. I am very excited to go to the temple once again and feel the spirit that comes from being there. I actually found another family on our family tree. If you take our direct line down the Adair side I found a whole other family that needs their work done so I will be taking them to the temple. The Lord is really hastening His work.

Juan is doing good as well. He has now shown interest in coming out and doing missionary work with us. It is a prime example of what happened in Lehi's dream. Juan has tasted the fruit and now he wants to help others find the peace that comes from the gospel. He is such a solid convert. I am one lucky guy.

I love the work!

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment