Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Monday, October 2, 2017

Family and Friends,

Well I officially hit my 15 month mark this past week! Time has been blowing by. I have really been pondering on the missionary service that I have been able to participate in and it has been such a blessing. When you are out on a mission you lose track of days, time, and worldly cares because you are giving your all to The Lord. When I look back to when I was in the MTC it feels like it was just yesterday. But it is amazing to see the growth that has gone on the past several months. There is nothing more rewarding than serving our Master and Redeemer.

This week we were able to really work with Juan on his family history. We have found him some names and cannot wait to go to Oakland with him on Friday. He is such an amazing convert. There is no better feeling than walking someone through their conversion. I hope that he continues to use his agency righteously and endures to the end.

We have another baptism coming up on Saturday. Josh is going to be baptized. He has a girlfriend that is in the branch and he has been coming to church for several weeks. As we have taught him we have had some super cool spiritual experiences. We are so happy for him and his decision to be baptized. I think I mentioned before, but before we were teaching Josh he was totally agnostic...Now his faith has grown and he has a testimony of Jesus Christ. Seeing this growth in someone reminds me of when Alma talks about faith being a seed. Over the past several weeks Josh has had immense growth and conversion as he has exercised his faith and read the Book of Mormon.

This takes me right into General Conference. I thoroughly enjoyed conference. There were messages shared that I needed as a missionary and I felt like I was literally spiritually fed. The message I got most out of it was that none of us are perfect, but we can keep "striving" to be like our Savior. I really enjoyed Elder Holland's talk. I will be listening to all of the talks over the upcoming week to see what other insights I can get out of conference.

Funny story for the week. We were knocking doors and we knocked on this guys door and it was smelling like some major skunk up in there. Well he opened his door and asked us immediately if he could smoke weed. We told him he had his agency and he went and grabbed his weed, sat down, and told us to share a message. lol. We gave him a Book of Mormon and it seemed like he was very happy about it. It was really interesting when we started to share our message. We could totally tell he was high as a kite, but it was entertaining. When we left he told me I was his friend...I pointed to him and told him that God loved him and with enthusiasm in his eyes he pointed back to me and said the same thing. It was a great experience hahah. The weed is out of control here though.

I had a great week and I hope you all have a good one as well!

-- 
Love,
Elder Willden







At YSA Monday night Activity 






No comments:

Post a Comment