Monday, April 2, 2018

Family and Friends, 

This week flew by. Both my companion and I were looking forward to conference. Maybe that's why. While I am on the subject...How about conference this year?! It was one of the most inspiring conferences I have witnessed in my life. I know that Russell M. Nelson is a prophet of God. These changes will help us to develop much more Christ like love. I am especially grateful for these changes because I need to specifically work on charity. As we minister to those around us we will see miracles all around us. The Lord truly wants us to use the priesthood we hold and to also seek for personal revelatory experiences always. What a wonderful time to be on the Earth. 

I want to share a spiritual experience I had this week! So I was reading the Ensign and there was an article on integrity. I love this attribute. And I hope to continue to develop my own personal integrity. The author of the article talked about how we can change our personalities based on who we are with and where we are at. I thought about the Savior. How unchanging He is. God will be the same yesterday, today, and forever. As we are on our personal road to perfection we need to be strong. The article brought up a really cool Old Testament story. I never would have thought this could be a story about integrity, but when Daniel had to choose between halting his communication with God or getting thrown into a lions den. He chose the latter. He was unshakeable in his beliefs; he wasn't going to succumb to worldly views. Because of his integrity the Lord protected him. Let us have continued faith in the Lord as we exercise our agency righteously. We don't need to fear. The Lord will guide us safely home to our Heavenly Father. 

I got the Easter package that was sent! Thanks so much Mom(: Easter was amazing. We had two food appointments that day. We had lunch with Andi and her family. Then we went to the Smith's for Easter dinner. We had some good food. But I am anxious to lose some of this unwanted body flab lol. Andi is doing really good by the way. I was going to take a picture with her, but I totally forgot. I will next time I see her. She is awesome though. The Smith's also made some super good food. We are spoiled here. I also have a ton of junk food from everything this week... 

So Tiffani is getting baptized this weekend! We are so excited for her. The baptism will be on Saturday and she will be confirmed in sacrament meeting this week. She is growing so much. She was definitely prepared to meet with us. I am a lucky missionary to be teaching such amazing people. The Hansen's are some of the best. They have us for dinner all the time. This past weekend we went to their house for some of conference and they smoked us some really good BBQ chicken... WOW. Her baptism will be amazing. 

We picked up two new investigators this week. Their names are Jacob and Manny. Jacob is 10... Manny is 9. And boy are they hard to teach. It's crazy. They will be baptized on May 5. We are excited, but we are nervous with how the lessons are going to go. We asked Manny to be baptized and he said, "I don't want to take a bath." It was then a really good opportunity to explain why we are baptized. We taught about Jesus Christ's baptism. It was cool to explain to a 9 year old why the Savior was baptized. He then told us that was something he wanted to do. We hope that their parents get involved because both Manny and Jacob's parents are less active. (They are cousins). 

We have an appointment tonight with Frank Masters and his family (hopefully). Frank is the only member in his home. I remembered him from when I was here a year ago and I noticed he hadn't been to church. So we decided to go knock on his door. He invited us in immediately. We asked about his son. (A year ago we tried to teach him) Frank told us that they were trying to get Jason more involved in the church. So we will see what happens. Hopefully we can teach them. The greatest thing on the mission to do is to unite families. I pray that we can help the Masters. 

Lizette and Roy were both able to watch conference. Lizette told us that she loved it. She also said her boyfriend watched a little bit and was impressed. We hope thats a good sign. Roy is doing so good. He was falling asleep during conference haha. I felt for him man. But on the other hand this was a historic conference. I wasn't trying to sleep the whole time!

Missionary work is the best work! I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Love, 
Elder Willden 

No comments:

Post a Comment