Monday, April 16, 2018

Family and Friends!

This week was a pretty busy one for me and my new companion. As soon as I got to Modesto on Tuesday morning we took the new missionaries to the mission office for some orientation. While they were doing orientation we were updating everything that changed with transfers. We then had a meeting with all of the trainers, which went really well. Then had the new missionaries meet their trainers. So Tuesday morning was pretty wild. After lunch we had the opportunity to take the departing missionaries street contacting in downtown Modesto. So Elder Cook and I had some time to proselyte and contact potentials. Nothing too crazy happened while we were tracting. After our afternoon of proselyting we went to President's to have a dinner. They made some super good food. I got to wear one of Sister Palmer's aprons...it was great. At the conclusion of our day we had a testimony meeting. It was a sweet experience and it caused a lot of reflection for myself now that my mission is winding to a close. I love being a missionary and it will be very hard to take the name tag off.

Wednesday was just as busy as Tuesday. We took the departing missionaries to the airport and helped them get everything ready to go. After all that fun stuff we went to lunch with President Palmer because we had to plan the mission leadership meeting that was happening after lunch. The meeting went really good. We talked about insights we had from conference and a lot of safety precautions we have to take with the new smartphones. It is crazy how much potential danger there is for missionaries. So we are training our stewardship to be careful.

The Modesto YSA is a fun area. It reminds me a lot of Turlock YSA...coincidence? I love working with people my age. The Bishopric is pretty cool. We definitely got fed more down in Turlock...but this is giving me an opportunity to slim down and cut some weight. Something very sad happened on Sunday. Our car was broken into and both Elder Cook and I's bags were stolen. My mission scriptures were also taken. I am still sad about it because I had so many marks, notes, and memories in my scriptures. I hope the person that stole them reads the Book of Mormon!(: They need it!

We had a couple lessons with prospective elders this week. Nothing too crazy missionary work wise went down this week because of transfers, but we are working hard and hope to find some new people this week. I am enjoying my mission so much. There is nothing that I would trade for this experience. The Lord is helping me grow in every way. He is good.

I had the opportunity to share my testimony with the mission leaders this past week. I am going to share with you what I shared with them and things I feel I should share with all of you. I have really been thinking about the Savior and how much He loves us lately. It isn't a casual love...It is a very deep personal love. As I have tried to live our mission vision in the California Modesto Mission, ("We are one with the Savior in doing the will of the Father") I have just caught a glimpse of how much the Savior really loves us. He does not want to lose ANY of us. No one. He has placed us in people's paths all the time, whether it be a touch-point towards conversion or an actual door opening that will allow us to help them. I have seen so many times when people need Him most He has sent us or others to their aid. I love the gospel. Missionary is a challenge, but it is the best challenge. 

I love the work!

Love,
Elder Willden




This picture was emailed to mom from Sister Palmer with note that said,
"Wonderful Elders"


No comments:

Post a Comment