Friday, April 13, 2018

Monday, April 9, 2018

Family and Friends!

This week has been a very good one! Ending with transfer calls that happened yesterday. It turns out I will be on the Modesto YSA Ward. I am super excited to work with YSA's again. My new companion is Elder Cook. I am also excited to work with President Palmer for the remainder of my mission or so. We will see how it goes.

We were able to have a baptism this past week. Tiffani Hansen was baptized this past week. It was such a great experience to help a whole family come together into the church. Tiffani bore an amazing testimony after the service. We were very surprised the next day because she had the courage to go up and bear her testimony in Sacrament meeting too. We are so happy for her. I hope that they continue to make the ultimate goal a sealing in the Temple. 

We have been working with Lizette as well this week. She fed us on Saturday and she also fed us dinner. She made amazing Puerto Rican food. It was roasted pork and rice and beans. I was in heaven. We were able to teach her the Gospel of Jesus Christ and really focus on forgiveness. It seemed that this conference had some emphasis on forgiveness as well. It was amazing to share some of my personal experiences with her about forgiveness. 

I was able to go on exchanges again this week with Elder Nelson. We have been on like 8 exchanges in the mission haha. That's a lot. And we will still be able to because he is a zone leader. It's been great to learn from him and to see his growth. 

We are going to have a really busy week this week. I hope it goes well. We found out this past week that our investigator Jim Wiggins passed away. It was bad news. But we are happy because now he will recognize servants of the Lord on the other side of the veil. 

Please continue to pray for the Brookside area and the recent converts here. They need to all experience the blessings of the Temple. I'm excited to start yet another chapter on my mission, but I am going to miss Stockton. It is home. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Love, 
Elder Willden 

Tiffani's baptism




Last meal in Stockton

No comments:

Post a Comment