Tuesday, July 19, 2016



Hey Dad,

I am in Modesto right now. We got here, ate lunch, and then went proselyting. Haha Modesto is nothing but fields of fruit. It is so cool. Today's travels went well and I am safe.

It's awesome to hear that football is starting back up. And I can definitely send you fruit home if you want.

Proselyting is so weird. We did street contacting today and there is so much poverty in Modesto and everyone knows who we are. It is so cool. Our President is really great too. He said the missionary average in our mission is 4 baptisms a year. But then he went on to say that the missionaries felt inspired to make our goal four baptisms a month. That is crazy! But I know that if we lean on the Lord anything is possible.

A guy on the street today listened to our lesson and tried to bible bash. President said this was the bible bash area of the west. I found that out quickly as I ended up getting mad at this guy and his contentious spirit. Nothing came out of it and I learned a lesson today. We cannot force the word upon people. I tried to bear my testimony at the end, but the spirit was not there. 

Well Mom wanted a big report so I am making this short.

Love, 
Elder Willden 

This week was crazy. Transitioning from the MTC to the field has been a good experience. I am so excited to receive my new companion and excited to get out to a new area. I met President and Sister Palmer today. They are so cool. I love it out here. Modesto is so wierd haha there is fruit, nuts, and cows......everywhere.

We went proselyting for the first time today, on my first day. It was so crazy. I went out with a kid named Elder Wade as my companion. (Not my original companion) As we got used to what we were doing we had given out two BoM's, a pamphlet, and a passalong card. We were teaching these two ladies and got done with them and I could see this guy staring at us. As we finished that conversation we walked past him and I decided to ask him how he was doing. He asked us a question and it started a conversation about the BoM. He asked "How do you know that the Book and Mormon and the Bible work together?" This question caught me off guard. I tried to answer it my best, but that did not work. It turned out that he wanted to bash. I know it was not right, but I got kind of excited. Haha (not good). The spirit immediately left the park. Ultimately we went back and forth until I felt like I had succeeded, but he ended up getting up and walking off. He had the last word and for those who know me back home I wasn't going to let him have the last word. I raised my voice and said, "Hey I have to say something!" He turned around and started to listen as I testified of the restoration. I think you guys know where this is going.... The spirit was not there. He ended up cutting me off and saying that we were wrong and that Jesus Christ restored the church, which is true, but he was mad and the spirit was gone.

I learned a good lesson today.

I love the gospel and think about the scripture Alma 7:23 everyday. What a great blessing this mission has already been in my life. I have learned to talk to people better and to feel God's hand in my life.

I got to see so many Elders I know at the MTC these past three weeks. Three that were really there for me were Elder Christensen, Elder Andrus, and last but not least Elder Robins. They helped me through some of the hardships I was having with my comp and the stress I had. I know that God is putting me through this hard thing to help me. I am excited to start the work.

I think about my family everyday and how they are doing. I hope everything is going so good. I love and miss you all!!

--
Love,
Elder Willden

Elder Willden and Elder Christensen
A friend from Lone Peak High

???

The rest of pics are during last week at MTC and he did not
let us know who the other Elders are;)











This is Kolton's 2nd plane ride in his life.....You can tell by pics he is excited
to be on a plane and excited to get to his mission.




Sister Palmer texted this picture of Kolton to us upon his arrival
at the California Modesto Mission Home.



No comments:

Post a Comment