Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Hi everyone!

 My P-Day is on Tuesday Mom. I absolutely love the MTC. It is so hard, but so worth it. I think about family everyday. When I first got here I struggled a little bit because it did not feel real and I thought I was going to be coming home pretty soon. I have ALMOST gotten over that and I am really just diving into the Book of Mormon. It is so cool how when you just read it, it does not seem like there is a lot of stuff, but when you dive into the Book of Mormon and actually study there is something someone needs in every verse. Soooooo my companion is named Elder Lee. Elder Lee is the exact opposite of me. He grew up homeless in California and then moved to Utah and his Dad abandoned him there. After that his grandma had him move out to South Dakota to live with her. Shortly after she passed away he lived with his Bishop. Now when he gets home he will be adopted by him. It has been so hard for me to adjust to this companion. The first thing he said to me was "I hope I am the district leader." I just thought to myself, look for the good in him and everything will work out. I try my best not to be negative. I feel like I have been put in a situation where I can grow most. Elder Lee is the elder in my district that I would've thought I could never get along with. We had companionship inventory and I said a lot of things to him and he said a lot of things to me and we worked things out. Let's just say our room is clean now;) Thanks for that Mom.

I have been learning so much. Read 2 Nephi 28. It talks about all the churches in our day and how people are not going to want to accept the gospel because "they don't need another bible." Or they do not need any more gospel in their life. Our purpose as missionaries is to "Invite others to Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of The Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. This is so cool. Once we start we are never finished. I love the Elders in my dorm. Elder Schultz and Elder Stewart are the best. They keep me sane here at the MTC. I have already seen many miracles and that was something President Waddoups promised me in my setting apart blessing. My first day here I got to testify to a fake investigator and it felt real. In TRC yesterday, an exercise with investigators I had the opportunity through the spirit to commit a lady named Jacqi to baptism. What a wonderful opportunity. I love the gospel and all that I am learning. I miss everyone at home everyday. I am about to do laundry today and I am super nervous haha. Pray for me and my companion as we continue to learn new things about each other. I am so happy I am here. I am trying to send pictures so bear with me.
 Love,
 Elder Willden









These last two pictures are of friends from Highland, Utah


No comments:

Post a Comment